Our research-supported treatment approach and training programs offer
solutions you can use.
"The techniques presented here were EXTREMELY PRACTICAL and easily applicable to my (client) population."
"The presentation was done in such a way that it paralleled the goal of the workshop - created safety, control, mastery, and empowerment. Well done!"
"I returned to my practice and immediately began to utilize the process learned at your training. What a profound impact this has had on my effectiveness..."
Slaying the Dragon: The Fairy Tale Model of Trauma Treatment. This 1-day workshop for mental health professionals offers advanced clinical skills for trauma-informed evaluation, treatment planning/contracting, clinical supervision/consultation, and more.
- March 24, 2017, Northampton, MA.
EMDR. The complete EMDRIA-approved training in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing) Therapy. For therapists working with all ages - adults and kids.
- Spring 2017, Northampton, MA. Starts March 13.
- Spring 2017, State College, PA. Starts March 24.
- Spring 2017, Buffalo, NY. Starts March 29.
- Spring 2017, Saratoga Springs, NY. Starts March 30.
- Summer 2017, Seneca Lake, NY. Starts June 9.
- Fall 2017, State College, PA. Starts September 8.
- Fall 2017, Northampton, MA. Starts September 11.
- Fall 2017, Olean, NY. Starts September 14.
- Fall 2017, Washington, DC. Starts September 16.
Progressive Counting (PC). Progressive Counting is a newer trauma resolution method that is effective, efficient, well tolerated, and research-supported. A PC training program.
- Winter, 2017. Olean, NY. Adult focus. Starts February 9.
- Spring, 2017, Northampton, MA. Adult focus. Starts April 24.
- Spring, 2017, Buffalo, NY. Child focus. Starts May 18.
- Spring/Summer, 2017, Atlanta, GA. Child focus. Starts June 14.
- Summer, 2017, Northampton, MA. Adult & Child focus. Starts September 18.
EMDR for Children.
- EMDR group consultation, Northampton, MA, Summer/Fall 2017 dates TBA.
- PC group consultation in person and via video-conference, many dates.
Certificate Program: Trauma-Informed Treatment for Adults, Children, & Teens. Nine-month program including some of our major courses, plus monthly meetings for advanced training and clinical consultation. A PC training program.
- Starts September 18, 2017, Northampton, MA. -- FELLOWSHIPS AVAILABLE!
Attachment and Dissociation Assessment and Treatment: An Introduction to Foundational Skills. Advanced training for experienced trauma therapists who are already trained in EMDR, PC, or similar.
- Spring, 2017. Northampton, MA. Starts March 17.
Training Programs For Professionals And Others Who Work With Kids
- Custom-designed programs for those who work with distressed kids, e.g., in residential treatment, child welfare, school, foster care, pediatrics, juvenile justice, family court.
Programs for the General Public
- Slaying the Dragon: Overcoming Life's Challenges and Achieving Your Goals.
- Helping Kids to Overcome Life's Challenges.
- Currently only in-house trainings are scheduled.
Retreat for Trauma Trainers/Consultants. Week-long retreat to develop the skills/repertoire for providing training in trauma-informed treatment, as well as supervision, consultation, and advanced workshops.
- Sunday - Friday, May 14-19, 2017, Western MA. -- FELLOWSHIPS AVAILABLE!
Home Study Programs. For mental health professionals. Read the book and take the test at your own convenience -- on line or off.
- Child Trauma Handbook. 18 CEs, 12 EMDRIA CEs, PC Credit.
- EMDR Within A Phase Model of Trauma Treatment. 9 CEs, 9 EMDRIA CEs.
- EMDR In Child & Adolescent Psychotherapy. 7 CEs, 7 EMDRIA CEs.
- Treating Problem Behaviors. 11 CEs, 10 EMDRIA CEs, PC Credit.
- Progressive Counting. 9 CEs, PC Credit.
Special Needs: Requests to local sponsor/registrar for special accommodations.